NutButter and Chocolate No-Bake Protein Bar Recipe
These no-bake protein bars are thrown together in minutes and make the perfect snack to store in the freezer for a quick burst of energy – the perfect healthy recipe!
Feel free to use sunflower seed butter to make these nut-free. I like the vanilla flavored protein powder, but feel free to use any flavor that you prefer!
Some powders have different consistencies, so feel free to add a few tablespoons of non-dairy milk at a time to get to a cookie dough like texture. You can also roll the dough into balls and add in chocolate chips if you don’t wish to make them into bar form.
- 5 cups gluten-free rolled oats, blended into a flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened/unflavoured vegan protein powder (I use Orgain vanilla)
- ½ cup almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or natural peanut butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line an 8-inch square pan with a piece of parchment paper. Mix the oat flour, protein powder, rice crisp, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Combine the sun/see butter, syrup and vanilla in a separate bowl and add to the dry mixture. If the mixture is a bit dry, add a splash of non-dairy milk and mix again.
- Press into pan and roll out with a pastry roller until smooth. You can also simply press down with the heel of your palm! Pop into the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small pot over very low heat. When half of the chips have melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- After freezing the bars for about 5-10 minutes, remove from freezer and slice into bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate and freeze again until set. Store in the freezer for a week or longer in an air-tight freezer bag or container.
~The Hemmett Health Team