Postnatal Hip Pain
Hip pain is common during and after pregnancy.
During your pregnancy, your body prepares for birth by loosening the joints of the hips and pelvis and your ligaments very often remain very loose for a couple months after pregnancy. It is common for your muscles to become overworked as you try to adapt to the new demands of carrying and caring for your new baby as well as try to get back in shape by beginning to reintroduce cardiovascular exercise. All women would benefit from doing core Posthab rehabilitative strengthening and ensuring proper foot support and strength before beginning any type of postnatal exercise program. It takes work to regain the body you had before pregnancy, but you can do it.
Home Care Options
- Stretches: sitting and lying down, partner assisted
- Orthotics, proper footwear
- Sleep position with extra pillow, sitting position, driving car
- Sacroiliac belt
- Rehabilitative exercises
Office Care Options
- Active Release Techniques
- Hip, mid and low back and sacroiliac chiropractic joint manipulation
- Rehabilitative strengthening exercises
- Custom-molded Biomechanical Orthotics