Coconut Oil Fudge
This recipe is from the “Coconut Mama” and is absolutely delicious. This coconut oil fudge recipe is made with healthy natural ingredients like coconut oil, cocoa powder, raw honey (stevia can be used if you prefer) and vanilla extract. You can also change up the flavors by adding different extracts such as peppermint, coffee or butterscotch. There is no corn syrup, marshmallows, frosting or chocolate chips needed. Enjoy! This is really a fantastic way to incorporate healthy oils into your daily diet.
Coconut and chocolate is a match made in heaven! Let’s face it, chocolate with ANY pairing is the best. This recipe is simple yet can be tweaked easily for special dietary needs. I LOVE that it is gluten, sugar AND dairy-free. I used raw honey to sweeten our fudge but other natural sweeteners can easily be substituted in its place.
Raw cacao powder can be used in place of regular cocoa powder and expeller pressed coconut oil can be used in place of virgin coconut oil (some do better with expeller pressed because it’s easier to digest).
Coconut Oil Fudge
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- raw honey (or other natural sweetener like maple syrup or stevia)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Measure 1 cup of coconut oil and scoop it out into a mixing bowl. Whip the coconut oil with a stand or hand mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Note: If your coconut oil is room temperature and already liquid you can skip this step.
- Mix the whipped (or melted if you live in warmer climate) coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt together. Mix well and slowly add honey or sweetener of choice. Taste as you go to make sure you don’t over sweeten your fudge. Mix in 2-4 drops of peppermint essential oil if using. You can use organic extract instead if you prefer.
- Pour fudge into a 9×5 inch pan like a bread pan. Spread fudge evenly and cover the pan with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until fudge is set and hard, about 4 hours.
- Cut fudge into small squares and serve.
YUM! Check out Coconut Mama Here.